Hastings on Hudson NY
Single family Addition
Westchester had been established as one of the 10 original counties in New York, was divided into towns, and the area that is now Hastings became part of the Town of Greenburgh. The village was incorporated in 1879 and its name changed from Hastings-Upon-Hudson to Hastings-on-Hudson.
Located in Hastings on Hudson, this project was the alteration of a small 3 bedroom house.
The program was to enlarge to the north and the west the existing house to maximize the use of the land and add bedrooms, a larger family room off the kitchen and to incorporate an attached garage with direct access to the house.
The hybrid center hall style was modernized to obtain a more open layout.